So, as she gets around more, plays with friends, and goes out for fun (like the Children's Museum) she is getting EXPOSED!!! Yikes! It kinda freaks me out a bit, but I know it will happen sooner or later. I can rest assured that she at least went the first year with 1 cold, no fevers, and has yet to have an ear infection....so I'd say that pretty great! Might just be my first lesson in the fact that I can't prevent/fix everything!
Well, a couple weeks ago she suddenly spiked a temp of 102 with chills and all, but never had any "cold" symptoms. When the fever went down she was playing and acting fine. After about 3 days the fever was gone and to my surprise she developed a rash! So where did I turn....the internet and I found out these symptoms are CLASSIC for Roseola! I didn't know that this is super contagious and very common in her age group. Rash went away and she was well!
Then yesterday she had some diarrhea and started getting diaper rash, so we went and got more Desitin. The pharmacist also recommended some antifungal cream twice a day. So after bath we put on her creams and off to bed. She woke up about a 1/2 hour later and had vomited all over her sheets, bumper, lovey, and pjs! So, stripped her down and got her back to sleep....then 4 hours later....diarrhea from head to toe....so we did the whole process over again! But, to add to the mess the new antifungal cream literally burned her bottom, she was fire red and couldn't tolerate being wiped AT ALL, so I had to give her a "bottom bath" in the sink! At this point Dan said he thought it would be good if I'd stay home from work because he wasn't sure how to handle her first GI bug on his own; plus he knew I'd worry all day!!
Today she was normal Tessa, except not too interested in food. We did no milk or juice, just pedialyte all day. And bland foods, so no surprise she didn't eat much! It appears to only have been 24 hours and back to normal....darn germs (Children's Museum we think)!
- Sleep is different every day...for a while we were consistently getting 12-13 hours at night and about a 2 hours nap during the day. But I believe we are in some serious teething right now so some days we do 1 nap for 30 minutes (yikes!) and other we have 1 or 2 naps totaling about 3 hours. She has had a couple nights where she woke up and struggled to get back to sleep, but she's had fevers off and on with her teething.
- She has really made progress with eating; she has always been an opinionated eater, but is now much more willing to try new things. She is finally eating some chicken and lunchmeats. Some of her current staples are ANY fruit, steamed peas, mac n cheese, mini ravioli, nutrigrain bars, and mini lunchables.
- She is doing great with her cups, about 12-15 oz whole milk a day, 1 cup of diluted juice, and water. She would drink more milk if I'd let her but she needs to eat more of her calories not drink them. :)
- Some of her favorite things to play are...baby dolls, cooking on her kitchen, vaccuuming, obsessed with the dog and giving him his toys (squeak, squeak, squeak all day), cleaning the floor and everything else with a dish towel, and coloring with crayons and in the bathtub. She dances all the time still, but she now does her feet really fast like a clogger and drops her booty, which are both really funny!!
- Speech is pretty minimal, still a lot of uh and eh but she gets what she wants and needs so why say anything else, right? She says Dada constantly and pretty much for both of us even though she can say Mom too. She clicks her tongue for Zayne like she is calling him. I think she is starting to say snack and night night. Also, continues to say Done for everything. She doesn't say the word No, but shakes her head no. The more she communicates the easier it is to please her and attemp to reason with her. :)
We of course think she is wonderful in every way, the smartest baby, and adorably cute. She will even do a little girly giggle now....melt my heart.
Of course, fit because she couldn't have the camera. So now not only does she move around too much to get pictures, she cries because she wants the camera.
Here are her bathtime pictures (per Janelle's request). This is one of her favorite parts of the day. When we ask her if she wan't to take a bath she runs to the stairs and starts pulling at the gate!
Christmas is not complete without writing your thank you cards!!!
We begin our next year of excitement, fun, and love. Happy New Year!!