My favorite "real life" resource has been http://www.askmoxie.com/. It always made me realize that MANY others have had the same exact experiences and you are not alone, nor is it anything you as a Mom have caused.
Here is an excerpt from her website that helps me feel o.k. when it comes to sleeping habits in kiddos....
"In general, I think sleep crutches of all sorts, from pacifiers to rocking to loveys, get a super-bad rap. No one has to bring their Mom along to college to nurse them to sleep. And so what if you have to sleep with a white noise machine? If it bugs you when you're 30 you can break the habit your own self, and leave your poor parents out of it. If sleep crutches are working for you as a family, then party on with them for as long as they work, and then figure out the next thing."
As you may have guessed Tessa is rocked to sleep with a cup of milk. We use blackout shades, white noise machine, and she has a lovey. I do have to remind myself some times that she will in her own time not want these things and be all grown up, so I just spend those hours of trying to get her to sleep or back to sleep enjoying her snuggles! :)
By doing a blog we can write about other things we're working on, show new ideas, post sales, etc... so please check it out when you get a chance. We hope to have a "button" you can add to your own blog to help us get our name around, so stay tuned!
Just send an email to email@example.com for any orders of bags available on the blog or for any custom orders!! We are really excited to try this and hope you enjoy. We will soon have a beach bag and another style of purse for sale!
- watching her "mother" her babies. She dresses, feeds, snuggles, takes them on rides, etc...
- she is communicating better...like pointing to things and knowing where and when she wants something
- riding in the car is easier thanks to her new portable DVD player!
- she loves to be outside and will play out there FOREVER
- taking bike rides
- watching her personality develop... so far she is very strong willed, social, funny, and a cuddle bug
- i love love love when she fixes my hair, gives me hugs, swings spider style... she is able to show love in all new ways which is great!!
Here are the challenges :)
- she doesn't want to be confined or buckled in ANYTHING!!!! including carseat, stroller, highchair, booster seat, shopping cart, or even held in your arms! This pretty much affect everything we try to do. :)
- she loves to do things she isn't supposed to or allowed to do. Such as open and close the stairs gate and climb up and down the stairs. Open and close the screen door over and over and over (it is a huge step down to cement and really scares me)
- stand on things and give you this smirk like look at me
- wants to dress herself, brush her own teeth, and even sometimes put on her diaper!!
- has the melt to the floor can't grab ahold of her temper tantrums :)
I'm sure you can see the trend.....WE ARE GETTING INDEPENDENT!! I've been told that toddler is an indication to teenager and boy oh boy we may have our hands full of a teen that wants to be older than they are, make their own decisions, and do things even if you say not to!
But here are some pictures of our adorably challenging 17 month old!