Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

9.11.2008

30 weeks and counting!

Today was my doctor's appointment. I am 30 weeks and 4 days, which seems crazy! We are going to get to meet this little girl before we know it, my calculations would be 8-10 weeks from now!! Dan helped me to realize that I have less time to work left than I will have off taking care of her. Everything checked out great, but the doctor wasn't able to tell what position she is in, but probably head down. We go back again in 2 weeks.
My doctor guesses she is around 3 lbs. This is fun information for me to know because then I can look at babies at work who weigh that much and imagine how big she is. I can tell she is getting bigger because she is now kicking me in my ribs and bladder. She moves so much and we are beginning to feel the body parts and know that it is a foot or a butt.
We finished our childbirth classes this week, so technically we're all set! Yea right...I don't think you can ever prepare completely for something like this. I do know that we are equipped with the information and most of all know that we need to be flexible and not expect certain things to happen. I am mostly excited for her delivery and can't wait to see her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awe, Yea! 30 weeks, what a big milestone. You're on the home stretch (at least that's how I always thought of it). I was out shopping today and was keeping an eye out for girl things for Miss Tess. Can't wait for your shower :)

Keep posting. Blogs are taking the place of pregnancy journals these days. It will be fun to look back and remember how you were feeling.