Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

12.12.2008

Sleep Update!

Since my last post on sleeping Tessa has definitely grown up a lot. Breastfeeding is still going really well and everyone was right it does get easier as you go and to stick with it because it will be worth it!
So, here is the current sleep status....for four days now Tessa has eaten late evening and then slept for a 5 HOUR stretch!! Usually from around 10/11 o'clock to 3/4 o'clock. In one of my books it says that 5-6 hours for a breastfed baby is considered sleeping through the night. I am hopeful that after a week of this it is truly a routine, but as we all know babies can change their minds and begin doing things differently, so we'll see I guess!
Also I have yet to catch it on camera but she is smiling now!! When she is laying on her changing table and you talk to her or make noises she will focus really hard and then there it is a SMILE!

A little message to everyone from Tessa Bear!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay for sleeping long stretches!!! I bet it feels nice to get a couple hours straight of sleep. Bennett has done the 5 hour stretch a couple of times, but its usually followed by a night of every 2-3 hours. But we're getting there :)

Johnson Family said...

Sleeping through the night! That's awesome girl :) Seeing her the other day was so awesome, she is beautiful and I am completely jealous b/c you look amazing! I hope everything is going well with the family, I know Dan is probably working a lot b/c of the holidays but hang in there it's almost over. Thanks for the comment, every bit of encouragement helps. I can't wait till Layton and Tessa can play together! Have a great week girl and I can't wait to see Christmas pictures!!!