Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

2.24.2009

Vacation to Florida

We took our first family vacation to Florida!! We stayed at my grandparents house which was great! We had all the amenities necessary to take care of a baby right there. My parents went with us which was a huge help too! We had beautiful weather the whole week. Tessa was a big fan of not needing blankets and socks all the time! She didn't love the sun in her eyes but would wear her sunglasses and then was happy!
The only bad thing was Thurs Dan, my Dad, and I got food poisoning we aren't sure where we got it, but boy was it rough. My Mom was taking care of all of us, at night I would feed Tessa and then she would put her to bed, I don't know how I would've survived without her!
A little bit after we got back in town my grandparents sold their home there so we won't have any more trips to their house. I am glad Tessa got to go there once because we have a lot of fond memories traveling and staying there!
Here are a sampling of pictures from our trip!!



Swimsuit from Mamaw and Papaw that was waiting for us on the bed! So cute!


Her favorite toy!

We went to see manatees, this was in the museum. Tessa is so interested in everything she sees, it is so cute!


Dinner by the bay

Grandma and Tessa

At the pool in her shades.

Looking at the pool, too cold for babies but not for daddys.

What a ham

This one looks a lot like Mommy at this age.

Sleeping at the pool.

She cracks up at herself. Check out the water shoes.

Daddy's girl. Enjoying her first taste of sunshine.

On the airplane. She nursed for take off and landing, and did awesome.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love all of the pictures, she is getting so big! I wish we were in Florida, some warm weather would be wonderful!!

Amy said...

Looks like a great time (minus the food poisoning, YUCK). Those are some great pictures. You guys have such a cute family.

The McGrath Family said...

You are so stinkin' cute girly!! Hope you enjoyed your first look at the pool. We can't wait to actually see you swimin' this summer!