Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

10.06.2009

11 Months Old

I just finished putting my beautiful, funny, independent, ADORABLE baby girl to sleep and was thinking about how much she has changed over the months as she drifted off to sleep in my arms.




Here is what our girl is up to these days....


-She has started to take some steps!!! She is taking up to 8 steps at a time and it is so unbelievable! We estimate that she will be walking pretty good in another week.

-She can crawl at lightning speed

-Loves to be chased and for you to "get her"

- Will rock her baby and sing to her

-Loves to chase the ball and will throw it and try to bounce it

-She loves to get into the toilet paper and eats any paper she can get her hands on

-We are down to nursing once a day in the morning, so still on track to wean around a year.

-She can understand EVERYTHING, you ask her a question and she will answer with actions. some of her faves....Do you wanna....go get the mail? take a bathtub? go "night night?" Where is your....baby? doggie? ball? Are you all done?

-taking 2 naps a day usually around 9 am and 2 pm

- we just started to introduce some Vitamin D milk in her sippy cup with her snack and dinner. She atleast takes a couple drinks of it. She wouldn't drink formula from a cup AT ALL.

- As far as talking. She is saying most of the usuals mama, dada, doggie (dgee), ball (ba), all done (a da). But also what I have noticied is she is repeating the cadence of what you say. She makes noises that immitate how you just said something.


She is just a bundle of energy, has SOOO much to say, the happiest and most loving as they come, and brings a smile to my face every hour of every day! I'm definitely at the point where I don't remember what I used to do with my time before she was here.


Only about 3 weeks until she is one year old and the preperations are in progress for her celebration. I just recently started looking back at my blog entries that were the same date a year ago. Here is a pic of us then...

And here she is now!!! I can't believe what a big girl she is. It is getting much harder to take pictures because she is on the move so I was chasing her all around trying to get these! :)


Standing all alone. Her balance is really good now.
(she kept picking mums and trying to eat them)






This look is priceless, she is always so aware and so curious and this just captures it perfectly!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi! This is Kelly (Potter) Smith from elementary/junior high school! I am friends with Jessica Hooley through church, and she sent me to your blog! I thought I'd say hi, and tell you that your family is beautiful!!! Your daughter is adorable! Well, just wanted to say hello!

Amy said...

It's amazing that they go from your belly to this walking/talking beautiful child in just a year! You're doing a great job Momma :)