Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

3.20.2009

First Solids!!

After much debate and talking with my other Mommy friends we decided to try some oatmeal. We are starting with about a Tbsp and mixing it with breastmilk. We had decided that if she didn't seem to enjoy it we'd just stop and wait longer. Well, she was grabbing the spoon and bringing it to her mouth. She also kept leaning forward in her bumbo seat to get at it. We always knew that she loved her food. We're still breastfeeding as her nutrition, but just using the oatmeal as practice for eating other foods in the future.
I'm not sure why it was such a debate for me; I guess as a new Mom you just want to make sure you're doing the best thing possible. I think also it is a little bit like she is growing up too fast I can't believe we are already entering this stage.
I am writing this post after the fact and now I am completely happy with the decision and Tessa has seemed to do just great with it. There are days that we don't give it to her and she doesn't seem to mind. We are just being flexible with it and it seems to be working. Probably in the next month or so we might start to introduce some other foods. :)

She definitely needed a bath after all of it, she was a mess. I think she had more on her than in her belly! :) Zayne is always very curious during bath time.

No comments: