Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

10.18.2009

Amazing Mommas

I am actually going to blog about something besides Tessa, I know shocking right?
In my field of nursing we are constantly working with families who have suffered with infertility and who are trying to cope and learn how to take care of a preemie. I always try to be compassionate and understanding for them, but can't truely relate on a personal level.
Well, this is changing somewhat....
although it is not me directly I have both a friend and a cousin experiencing these things in their life. Hopefully you guys don't mind me talking about you!
My friend delivered her adorable baby boy last week when she was only 32 weeks in her pregnancy. After weeks of worry and praying Gabriel entered the world at 3lbs 14ozs, and in just one week is growing and make amazing progress. I think he has been listening to his Mommy at work so he is a pro at all this preemie stuff! He is a very lucky little boy to have a Mommy and Daddy that took such good care of him both on the inside and out and will get him strong so he can come home soon!
Gabriel Wetherbee Johnson
(I stole his picture from his blog)
At the same time my cousin and her husband have been enduring the challenges of infertility. After multiple procedures and painful tests they are doing invitro. They implanted their eggs this past week and are now in the waiting process to hopefully get the + pregnancy test! You hear about people having these procedures done, but I don't think I really ever realized the pain, emotions, and dedication that this process takes. She has to get a shot every day with a HUGE needle for up to 16 WEEKS, and is on multiple prescriptions. Again, this is one lucky baby to have a Mommy and Daddy who already had such great love for them that they would go all measures to welcome them into the world! They are always so positive about everything and I am amazed at their strength and courage! I absolutely can not wait to hear the news of a baby on the way and maybe even two!
I know weird pic, but this is my cousin (on the left) drawing up her shot. I can't imagine this every day!

No comments: