Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

11.25.2009

New Things...

I haven't been very good with taking pictures lately; so I don't have any to put with this post but thought everyone might at least like to read about what Tessa has been up to lately. Sorry I promise pics soon!!
Well she is no longer crawling at all, if she drops or falls she immediately stands back up without pulling up on anything. She gets ahead of herself all the time but she really wants to run, I have to remind her to slow down!
We are down to 1 bottle at bedtime, but my friend Courtney just posted about her little guy liking the Nuk cup with a soft latex spout. So, yesterday I bought one and today she drank 7 ozs from it!!! This is a huge milestone because the most milk we've been able to get her to drink from a sippy is about 1 to 1 1/2 ozs. I think we might actually be able to take away the bedtime bottle. I just wanted to wait until I knew she would still get enough milk. She drinks everything else from a cup no problem...just another example of Tessa's independence!
Speaking of independence we have been beginning to experience Temper Tantrums...What the Heck!!! I thought that was a 2 year old thing. Well I was wrong! It started at the library, yeah the library, the quietest place on earth. She did not want to ride in the stroller so he arched herself back and slid to the floor crying and screaming. I have to admit it was hard not to laugh because it is really funny to see a 1 year old trying to tell you they really don't like something when they have no words yet, but I tried to stand my ground. Which included chasing after her and holding her while she shook her head back and forth and arched back. Adorable I know. Ever since the initial "tantrum" she gets mad and shakes her head (rather violently) and arches back about things like....putting on socks, drinking milk from a cup, leaving the park, riding in the car seat, not getting the phone/remote/laptop/cell phone.....you get the idea!! :)
On a different note :) we did a really fun thing today...we went to a Gymboree play and learn class. It was a group of about 8 babies her age and their mommies. We danced, played games, climbed things, and rolled balls. She was amazingly social and friendly to the other babies. She at times was running in circles because she was so overwhelmingly excited. The ages ranged from about 10 months to 13 months. Of course being the proud parent I am I have to tell everyone that she was one of 3 walking and the only one who clapped along and did the itsy bitsy spider with her fingers. I know everyone thinks their baby is amazing. :)
She is more and more acting like a toddler and not a baby. It is so much fun watching her learn and grow. We adore this little girl so much!!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay, I am so glad that Tessa likes the cup! It worked wonders for us and B drinks about a gallon of milk per week now. It made me feel better about taking the bottle away and weaning. And we experience the tantrums too. B will throw himself on the ground and roll all around expressing his displeasure about the situation. :)

Erin said...

Bri, your blog looks professional! Do you hire out?! ;)